Friday, February 16, 2007



Today i woke up sick.
Infact i was sick lastnight but i thought a sleep could fix it but this morning i had to admit defeat after my body decided to go into fever mode.
You see, i'm a kind of person who doesn't believe in being sick eventhough i've had chronic fatigue syndrome, since having recovered much from it everything seems easy (colds, flu, etc) you just drink lots of fluids and rest and everything fixes itself in 48hrs.
You never stop working. Infact i don't think i've ever taken a day off, oh maybe one or two during 3years.
I live for work and would never be late and leave only when i had to.
I even polish the sinks!
So today really was a challenge for me to admit i was sick and needed a day off and it has made me feel strange, slightly uneasy at first to show my vunerability but also learning to trust that everything will go fine without me there, to let go abit and to let others feel they can manage it. And they can ofcourse, i guess it's giving them the power to look after things instead of me always controlling the situation.
It was such a a success i got 2 days off so i can completely recover .
Ok back to bed.

5 comments:

gav25 said...

i totally understand where you're coming from about taking a day off. it almost feels surreal.

get well dude.

Gav

calm balm said...

thanks! it is surreal...sleeping the whole day... like it never existed...

JohnBoy said...

Hey you better take care of yourself. You have to be well for my party. Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year!

calm balm said...

yer, im fine now after drinking 'mow-toi' chinese wine, u know the one that smells like rat shit.
anyway happy new year to u ;)

Jae Kay said...

Get well soon! xx