Wednesday, May 16, 2007


I took time out for myself today, i spent it hovering round luxe-in-the-city. Did the usual castlereigh st haunts using a 'winter coat' as an excuse to lurk about with my hair unravelled in black.
There was a fur lines winter coat at Versace that looked cute, reminicent of bundled children in eastern european countries and a silk-jacquared bag "you can scotch guard it" she assured me.
Climbed up and down Burberry which i must say has the best customer service amongst the brand-names. Do i really need a trench-coat?? no i don't but wouldn't it be glorious to have.
David jones and myers had nothing, maybe one or two denim alternates but, they're more coats than trenches.
Prada was so quiet, i did like a shirt there, black but slashed to reveal white stripes, kind of cool but that was summer and a moment has passed.
Pushing into Gucci cos those doors are so damn heavy, i waved to some sales-girl i've never met before and like dear friends we hugged and kissed hysterically to the horror of others.
In the end i threw on a olive coloured polo, it was a medium.
"oh i'll try it on anyway, i usually wear small" i quipped as i head into the dressing room. To my horror, i actually fit into a Gucci medium!!! I was shocked, mumbled 'this cant be right, no, no , no" then i pushed open the 7ft mirrored doors
"i'll just take this today"

I walked round in shrouds of confusion, 'how did i become a medium?, a Gucci-medium..... and decended into David jones foodcourt. Oh the delights, freshly baked cookies, truffles stacked from floor to lip-height, oyster bar, imported pasta with bits of wholegrain flour tossed in from some itallian grandmother at the foot of tuscanny, cheese! capers! Pate!
"it must be duck!" i demanded and this will be my lunch for tomorrow as i grappled some wild-seeded baguettes.

I love pate! i love love pate! i love love love pate!!

Anyway after all that hallaballoo i spent the rest of the evening dealing with a wireless modem.
I can't get a bloody signal so i have to walk round the house to find the right spot to recieve, it's the most troublsome receiving i've ever had.
The helpdesk-boy assured me to keep trying and one day it wil work!! one day it will work!!!

I've stopped smoking (again) the side affects have been terrible, panic attacks, getting worked up over nothing, getting violent ... client "stop slapping me! it hurts!!"
I'm getting these intermittent stomach pains but it's ok when i eat something, it's my body craving the warmth of inhaling nicotine, poor tummy...awww... so i've been eating alot which accounts for my upsizing, my fatness, my..obesity....!!!
So if i actually quit smoking forever i will be a neurotic crazy fat person but with clean lungs.

I can't fit into my Hussein chayalan pants!!!! fuck!!!

And single!!!

double fuck!!!

oh ... that's kind of hot.. ...

3 comments:

gav25 said...

you know what the other day i had to go buy underwear and gym-shorts, and i went up to a size medium too. but then again i'm trying to put on weight, so i was over the moon.

you're hilarious mate ;-)

Gav

calm balm said...

gym shorts? what on earth are they>??????

i went through that american-underwear phase a little while back, they were abit big..loose when i got them, now they all fit, wont be long before i'll be going back to boxes for space!!

Ken said...

I quit smoking in 1987 and gained 60 pounds -- I'm sorry...I'm a Yank and don't know how many stone that is, if you downunderers do stones and not kilos anyway. But my lungs are clear.

Remember, if you quit smoking, drinking and having wild sex with strangers...you may not live forever, but it will seem like forever.