Friday, February 10, 2006



Met up with S. today, i've heard she was going through another 'i'm quitting' moment so i thought i ought to catch up with her.

I forgot which floor she worked on, ended up climbing up and down sandstone firestairs through several levels till i finally found it. She had lost weight, so has L. who has been "sick".
L. and i never got along, he first struck me as lacking in fluidity and was as eloquent as a sliced pineapple. Later on in our encounters around the club and bar set i was pleasantly surprised, i was indeed correct.
However i mustn't let my disdain get in the way of my professionalism so i offered some measured praise,
"well, atleast you've finally lost some of that, weight"
I just smiled and showed polite concern.
S. and i trained together and worked during torrid times, she was the one who would always make my life difficult by pointing out my failures, i look back now in gratitude for it was her scrutiny that has, made me unblemished by the powers that be. They tried to slip me over with a snap cubicle/room clean according to OHNS guidelines', without notes.
I just did it whilst talking about wholesome country recipe's.
That is why S. and i have a great working relationship even though we don't work together anymore.

We had lunch and talked, well she did and i listened per usual. I don't mind, it's all part of going somewhere.

When does drama cease to be after all the house lights have faded?

Wall was quiet, grabbed guava granita then smoked and stared at lime green leaves, grey blue rooftop apartments and the Cat power dvd i bought.
It features 2 hrs of cat power singing in the country side, just her and the guitar and that voice which bellows forlorn emptiness, it's so powerful yet delivered in rebellious-subtlety. It would be amazing to see her live in such a setting.
unfortunately she has canceled her U.S '06 tour, get well soon Chan!

Geez, like i know the woman..... like i know anybody.....

No comments: